The Italian law on privacy is often perceived as a drawback to the use of administrative electronic databases, since it puts strong limitation to the use of those information, such as town of residence, birth date and so on, that allow an unequivocal identification of subjects.
The ARCHES project wants to create an opportunity to open a dialogue between epidemiologists, statisticians, experts on privacy and lawyers, to identify and to propose solutions on problems concerning record-linkage of health data in epidemiologic studies and in health services performance and cost-benefit analysis.
An analysis of National and European laws and norms regulating the use of administrative electronic databases for epidemiological studies is performed to clarify the general legal problems and consequences related to the use of sensitive data and the specific legal aspects related to the use of sensitive data for epidemiological purposes.
Go to Legal Aspects FAQ
- Legal Aspects in using Electronic Medical Records - ebph
- Protection of personal data (EUR-Lex)
- GU Serie Generale n. 174 del 29-7-2003
- GU Serie Generale n. 159 del 11-7-2011
- GU Serie Generale n. 162 del 14-7-2011
- GU Serie Generale n. 72 del 26-3-2012